I love having kids in church. I know not everyone shares my zeal. That’s OK. I’m not against children’s church at all. It’s just that I love kids, and I love kids in church.
In our church, kids
- Teach us how to pray. Confidently, with no hesitation, perhaps with some made up words, and with no doubt whatsoever that God is listening.
- Pay attention. Especially when you get down on their level, tell them a story, and show them something.
- Tell the truth. They don’t tell you what they think you want to hear. They are real.
- Snack. Hey, we always eat at movies and sporting events. Why not church?
- Dance. Our little ones love to get up during the last song and gather in a make-shift mosh pit of movement and joy.
- Teach us about grace. We have to be like them to get in the kingdom, right?
- Make us laugh. We all need to lighten up a little.
- Are blessed. By no less that our Lord who wants the little children to come to him.
I love having kids in church.